[IRCA] TP 1 Oct Victoria version

More Aussie today for sure....maybe three new ones for me in about a five minute period within 18 kHz.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

 4QR, JOUB, JOBB  and the Korean jammer all got here at various times

Reasonable audio at times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

594 JOAK various times, hung in until 1400ish, longer than some of the other Japanese 747 JOIB various times, bad 750 splash makes this a tough one to get at full readability
1287 JOHR man in Japanese 1340UT
probably HLAZ during the Japanese program

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

576/585 2RN/7RN 1355 and 1406UT, both at this level with jazz

585 2WEB my gosh, usually it's 7RN, but pop music at 1350UT, then 7RN again, but by 1359UT, man in DU English too enthusiastic for RN...couple of mentions of 2WEB, then, I think, "2WEB national news" at 1400UT, and a mention of Macquarie news time?

756 RNZ National man in DU English 1402UT, its parallel on 675 faded by now
774 3LO woman in DU English after country music 1351UT //612
873 JOGB man talking //828 1343UT
972 HLCA assumed agonized ballad 1348UT
1116 4BC assumed, man in DU English 1347UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music)

531  faint pop music 1346UT

603 4CH...another yikes. weak country music //594, 612 at 1356UT, new here, and there is more... 603 2RN at 1359UT, no more country music, rather, jazz //585...then ABC fanfare at 1400UT, and who knows where that came from? Also pretty sure this is new here.

675 2CO rare one here, but following RNZ National's pips was the ABC fanfare
675 RNZ National man talking and pips //756
702 NHK2/2BL both parallel with two stations on 774! 1350UT
702 2BL light vocal music //612 1413UT
738 2NR country music and talk //702 1357UT
792 4RN female vocal //585 1417UT
828 3GI ABC fanfare 1400UT, but JOBB was dominant only a few minutes earlier
1242 man talking Japanese inflection 1343UT
1566 choral music, and thought I heard the jammer, tap tap tap. Ah, no, on 1560 there is Indian music with an insistent tabla....

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary" audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter) lots of near audio here

531 549 558 684 846 855 864 882 891 954 1098 1134 1143 1269 1386 1422 1503

best wishes,

Nick