[IRCA] New AM Log!

Well, I can't believe I didn't post this back when it happened. Ir's
probably nothing super fantastic, but i'm always pleased with a new station
in the log book

I am in Galena, Alaska. We are a village of 500 people in the central part
of the state, 300 miles west of Fairbanks and 300 miles east of Nome. Or as
I lovingly call this place, Rural East Jesus Nowheresville aka East Russia:)

 I use a Grundig Sattelit 750 radio connected to a 225 foot long wire
antenna.

I'd been hearing oldies on 1440 whenever I scanned past, I always thought
that was KODL The Dalles, Oregon but I never stayed long enough through the
WEAK signal to hear any ID's. I also hear KMED Medofrd, OR with it's news
talk format regularly.

Well, on Sunday September 11 at 1:44AM AKDT (0944UTC), which is 2:44AM
Pacific and 3:44AM Mountain, I heard "Hang On Sloopy". The signal was
actually pretty good, wherein I could actually listen to, understand &
enjoy the song.

Here is a short 60 seconds or so of a recording of what I am certain is
W1440 CKJR Wetaskawin, Akberta,

https://app.box.com/s/0e8fxn44ladb40lwkhqmk1h4pu3i9kd0

There was another station behind W1440 CKJR's music, which I expect to be
the 5000 watt AM news talk station on 1440,  KMED Medford, Oregon.

I suspect what I was hearing on 1440 playing oldies for several days is in
fact W1440 CKJR and not some other station like KODL, but the signal in the
past was so poor that I could manage to listen for long and I never was
able to get a clear station identifier.

Paul Walker