[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 25 September 2016

Once again, an interesting morning. The Asians weren't impressive, but I was surprised to hear any at all given the solar numbers. Some interesting DU action, though largely limited to the X-band, though I suspect the unIDs above 1300 were also from DU.

594    JOAK    Tokyo, JAPAN    Woman and man speaking in Japanese at 1243.

693 JOAB Tokyo, JAPAN The strongest Japanese today, with a good signal at 1241.

747	JOIB    Sapporo, JAPAN   Poor, with man in Japanese at 1245.

774    JOUB    Akita, JAPAN    Fair, with man in Japanese at 1246.

828	JOBB	Osaka, JAPAN	Up to fair in Japanese at 1247.

1116	4BC	Brisbane, AUSTRALIA    Talk by a woman at 1246.

1314	unID	traces of man talking at 1253

1377	unID	traces of man talking at 1254

1503	unID	Weak, with man talking at 1250

1521	unID	Traces of man talking at 1249

1566	HLAZ	Cheju, KOREA	Poor, with woman talking at 1245.

1575 VOA THAILAND Presumed, with traces of man talking at 1244. Second carrier, nearly as strong, also noted on the frequency.

1593	unID	Traces of man talking at 1253

1611 Vision Radio AUSTRALIA Music at 1258, with ID as Vision Christian Radio at 1300. Second station underneath

1629 Vision Radio AUSTRALIA Caught partial ID "..Christian Radio" at 1254, them music. Parallel with 1611, with ID at the hour.

1638 unID AUSTRALIA First noted with traces of woman talking at 1242. Arabic sounding music at 1251 so Radio Lebanon would be my guess.

1665	unID	AUSTRALIA	traces of music at 1254

1683.28	Radio Club AM	AUSTRALIA	Instrumental music at 1245.

1701 uniD AUSTRALIA As noted on other days, a mix of three signals of about the same strength, with bits of audio here and there around 1252.

Lots of signals just into audio today, but not good enough to make identification feasible. It was perhaps the best X-band morning of the month.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, AB
Perseus SDR with Wellbrook Phased Array