Re: [IRCA] Interesting Story about HD Radio

Re: [IRCA] Interesting Story about HD Radio

I had wondered if I was the only one thinking about how HD-IBOC on MW & FM & BPL on SW might increase demand for subscription radio. I hear those satellite services advertising over 100 channels for about $13 a month & thought about how I could already listen to over 100 stations (MW/FM/SW), so why pay a monthly fee? I hope I can sell all my radios before they can't receive anything. George S., MN

Milspec390@xxxxxxx wrote:
Excellent article, thank you. Several weeks ago, undersigned choleric cretin noted HD is a post-nineties kluge, half a twin-headed hydra contrived to deny citizens free access to information. Other half is BPL, a ludicrously absurd klunk disingenously billed as 'brigding the last mile' so that "everyone must have access".

   Unstated purpose of these twin Hertzian flatulators: flood RF spectrum with noise pollution so, deny citizens free media access and drive them into controlled subcsriber channels.

  As article notes, technology since advanced beyond HD and BPL noise stink-bombs, of little value save for jamming competition to bankruptcy. Regardless of high-minded rationales for HD, its essence - what it does - is jam. One HD station is bad enough, as many broadcasters note with increasing concern. As posters note, imagine the spectral pollution when many more IBOC trashmitters key up.

   If the public could 'see' noise pollution created by this kleptocratic scam, they would equate it with dumping PCB's into pristine mountain streams and scream with outrage.

   They can't, but no matter. As more experience noise-trash blocking their stations and have their concerns smarmily dismissed by smooth-talking HD shills, they'll make their opinion known by voting with their feet. As one friend replied when HD's noisy destruction is deemed - by shills - as 'necessary for our digital future': "Bullshale".

   Old term, no techno-sizzle to it. Succint, enduring, incontrovertible.

                                                                                                            =Z.=

Paul Vincent Zecchino
Manasmarmy Key, FL
BT
                                       'IBOC delenda est.'
                                                     - Scipio Africanus Minor, ca. 256 B.C.E.