Re: [IRCA] IRCA Loop update

______________

> I think the toroid is essential.  It becomes the core of the
> transformer.
> The copper tube is the primary and the output link to the coax is the
> secondary.  Without the magnetic properties of the core, no signal is
> transferred.

In the latter case, the wire wound around the ppe would be the
counterpart to the link coil on an unamplified loop. In the former,
you're direct coupling, which might also work. Or it might be that the
direct coupling won't work without some sort of an amplifier in
between. I know that on our wire BBL at LBI, the amp made a significant
difference.

And on a wire loop it is direct coupled to the amp, which is in turn
direct coupled to the receiver.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]