[IRCA] Inland TP's

--- Begin Message ---
Conditions appeared down from this morning compared to yesterday. At 1241, presumed JOUB, 774 w/male talking, at 1315 male/female talking, sounded like EE lesson. Hets on 594, 693, 1287 & 1566 at 1244. Hets on 747, 828, 1422 & 1566 at 1326. Het on 1566 lasted the longest this morning, gone by 1355, a bit past LSR.

I did some testing with transformers on my wnw Conti super loop this morning. Between an FLG 100ln, a KB-5   MW/LW balun and an Erickson QB-18I. Interestingly the KB-5 and QB-18I consistently outperformed the FLG-100ln on the loop, with and without the use of the DX Engineering RPA-1 preamp. The ALA 1530ln held it's own. I used JOUB and 1566(presumed HLAZ) as the test frequencies. The test was limited to challenging TP DX targets for the Midwest. Too bad yesterday's apparent excellent conditions did not carry over to today, when I didn't have to go to work.

Craig Barnes
Wheat Ridge, CO
Drake R8A WNW Conti Super Loop, ENE Conti Super Loop, ALA 1530ln

Sent from my iPhone

--- End Message ---