[IRCA] 1610 test signals, response to inquiry.

[IRCA] 1610 test signals, response to inquiry.

Using Mike Hardester's suggestion of the possible source of the test transmissions heard on 1610 a few days ago, and additional info from a Web search, I wrote to LBA Group, the licensee of WC2XKX.  I explained the situation and asked if they were performing tests at the time reported on these lists.

They have responded and state that their facility was not operational on 11-7, the date several reports were made.  They also generously agreed to entertain any other questions that I might have.

I had only half expected any reply at all, so I am quite pleasantly surprised.

My inquiry and their response is appended below.

The source of the tests is still not known, but one possibility at least has been eliminated.

Curt

W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (Southeast) Florida