Re: [IRCA] IBOC TIME LAG

When KSL went to HD, there was a lot of unhappiness
in SLC because the "Nauvoo Bell" in Temple Square
(which has been broadcast hourly by KSL for decades)
was 8 seconds incorrect, and apparently this was widely
noticed out there. My understanding of this is that KSL
eliminated the buffering so that the HD would be
broadcast in real-time, and the bell chime stay on time.

This would mean that the analog fallbacks would be
discontinuous.

An article predating this is at "Upgrade by KSL changes
for whom the bell tolls", Lynn Arave, Deseret Morning
news, 17 June 2005

http://deseretnews.com/dn/print/1,1442,600142015,00.html

I have not retested this link however, I just typed it in from my
printout. of the article. Nor have I searched for any
updates. Anyone else have something more on this?

- Bob