[IRCA] So Cal X-band news

I have finally ID'd the classic country/western station I logged on 1610 kHz near the intersection of I-405, I-5, and CA-118 last year.  It's a part 15 station located in Granada Hills, CA which relays an Internet radio station called "Classic Heartland."  See www.classicheartland.com or http://www.part15.us/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=search&query = and search for "Classic Heartland"

One mystery solved, another one begins.  I stumbled onto the above info while searching for a new station I heard today in the El Cajon / Lakeside / Santee / La Mesa area of San Diego, while returning home from the ICR "Thousands Not Billions" scientific conference ( www.icr.org).  This station was also on 1610 kHz, relaying Classic Heartland and easily audible along I-8 and CA-125.  I can't find a match for this one on the Internet.  I heard mostly classic (Hank Williams era) C&W but they also play bluegrass and other Americana.

WNSB415-1620 (ex-1610,530,1700) is getting out well with XEUT-1630 off.

73, Tim Hall
Chula Vista, CA