Re: [IRCA] DX TIPS for WDXR

Don,

What a beautiful set of QSLs from the 50s. By the time I started to QSL
in 1965, lot were still there, now have moved or changed calls. I have
one of the old "Pioneer Broadcasting Co" QSLs from KGW-620. KERG 1280
was still there when I started DXing too. KSLM 1390 still had a nice QSL
card in the 60s, Cal Applegate signed it. He was the CE of KSLM for many
years. I am sure he is gone now. He was no kid back in  the 70s. So KWRO
was on 1450. Did not know that. They are a regular all day on  630 at
200+ miles down the coast. Glad I got KHQ QSL'd from back in the 60s
too.
KVAN 910, Willie Nelson was connected with the station back in the 50s
and worked there as a DJ I believe. Later changed to KISN and the KVAN
calls moved to 1480,  the infamous Catherine C. Murphy station in the
60s/70s. I have that QSL'd too. A lot of history through the years. Most
stations don't even know about their history either.
   Thanks for sharing Don. I have a real soft spot for station history.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR