Re: [IRCA] Alaska from the midwest?

I've DXed MW from MN since 1965 & Alaska is my only unheard state. Back then, there was nothing from 48 states or Canada on 650 & 750 Monday mornings. I've never owned a phasing unit, but most AK frequencies have something from western Canada that would still make AK very hard to get. If some AK stations would send their calls in code at the top of the hour, we might have a slight chance. George S., DXing about 15 mi S of Minneapolis.

Stephen Hawkins <ng0g@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IRCA,

What are my best chances for Alaska from Iowa. I seem to have a strong
regular on many of the frequencies.

650 = WSM Nashville
750 = WSB Atlanta
1080 = KRLD Dallas

My loop is too big, 8-) or my radio/computer room is too small, so I can't set
it up in here without wacking my Wife with it when ever she is sitting at her
computer, and blocking access to my book case. My garage is HUGE and has a
very large work bench. I may have to put the loop up out there and use some
other receiver. Inside I normally use my Ham Radio, which is a Kenwood 950
because it has so many features to change the bandwidth and clean up the
signal. I'll have to think about the best way to set up a second listening
post out there.

Anyone who has heard Alaska from the midwest, I would appriciate any tips or
thoughts you have.

Thanks,
Steve
--