Re: [IRCA] Off Topic - Building a Website

Re: [IRCA] Off Topic - Building a Website

> Doug,
>
> It may be semi-off topic....probably a number of members
> with radio-related info for putting on the web, but "Who ya gonna call?"
>
> Mike

I use something called MAMBO which is an all inclusive
Open-source (free) package that has all the
needed files loaded onto the server.
There are no client(PC) side software bits to use -
Any browser (IE, Firefox-Mozilla, Netscape, Safari, Opera) etc
allows you perform functions like add documents, content, photo
galleries, manage users and workflow. You do EVERYTHING
from a Web browser window much in the way you would do your
online banking.
There are a myriad of add-ons or plug in components
and modules that allow you to do, well, anything.

Examples of this package:
My websites:  http://espresso.ts.uvic.ca
 http://www.coffeecrew.com  etc etc etc

It requires an ISP that supports MySQL and PHP (most do)
and you need to have someone provide you with a blank MySQL template
and you need access via FTP to add the files to the ISP.
Generally, with everything in place (domain name, etc)
it takes about 1/2 hour to set up.

Colin in Victoria