[IRCA] Sony ICF 2010

 I was very fortunate today to pick up a 2010 in working condition for $60.00.  It was at a small electronics parts store where I go to buy resistors, transformers, transistors, etc for work since Radio Shack has turned into Cell Phone/Computer Shack.  The radio was just sitting on the counter with a card baord sign that said $60.00.  I asked the man that owns the place if it worked and he said yes.  I picked it up, turned it on and it played nicley.  Needless to say I plunked down the $60.00 right away.  He said he had fixed it about a year and a half ago for some guy that never came back for it and all he wanted was what he had in it.

It needs a little cleaning but otherwise seems to be fine.  Serial number is 359897.  Does anyone know where I can get some literature on this radio?  Like maybe operating instructions to explain all the finer points - like setting the clock.  Is there anywhere I can download it and print it out?  A service manual would be even better but I suppose that is asking for a little too much.

I'm real happy with it so far and plan to set it right next to my RF-2200 that I paid a whole lot more for, but since it was in near mint condition and came with all the original books I still consider that a bargain.  Now, if I can only score a working  R-390 for under $100.00!!

Seriously, any help on the books would be appreciated.

Larry N4SEA
Shinnston, WV

The only sure thing in life is that there is no sure thing!