[IRCA] Old GE radio

Hello,

I remember around 1963,  I was staying with my sister in Pollock Pines California during the summer.    They had a GE radio, transistor that had a leather type material on it.
It really bought in the AM stations.  I believe that it had "Long Range" written on the radio.  My sister house was at 4.000 elevation,  FM stations really came in good, better than the AM stations.

Dennis Vroom
Vancouver WA,
70' Elevation