Re: [IRCA] sync detector

At 10:41 PM 29/10/05, you wrote:
>Please excuse my ignorance, but I am curious. How is the sync
>function on the TT340 and the WinRadio difference from the sync
>function on the Drake R8B?
>
>Bill Harms
>Elkridge, Maryland

The sync detector on the WinRadio 313 is exceptionally stable and once a
lock is on, it's unlikely to lose the lock.  That's a relative rarity among
radios with sync detectors.  I know that my 7030+ and 340 both sometimes
have a hard time maintaining a lock.  I'm not sure how good the sync is on
the Drake.  John Bryant tells me that the sync on his 313e is exceptional
and it is amazing to pull useable audio from an otherwise unusable
signal........Walt.