[IRCA] Nevadans into IL tonite via sunset skip.

[IRCA] Nevadans into IL tonite via sunset skip.

With good western cx continuing and the month near its end, things have been
coming in rather early and this means opportunities present themselves.
Times CST.

KKOB 770 was in nicely just ending talk and going into traffic at 1856 with
WABC phased. I noted KUTR under WBAP mentioning Utah and back into ABC nx
1903 (CHAM phased). KTNN 660 (WFAN phased) noted at 1913 with accented talk
and then some ads noted 1916. I then tried area 5 KWers, but no luck and I
also noted cx didn't seem to make it much further north at these distances
as I didn't get much more than traces of KBOI 670 and KDJQ 890 was noted
rather weak u/phased WLS just prior to 2000.  Anyhow..checking over to 720
and phase nulling WGN (12 miles SSE) I noted bits of Savage at 1935 (again
rather early for Vegas) and a quick check of 840 with some phasing of WHAS,
there was KXNT's talk. Cx certainly seemed good and I checked higher freq's
but things weren't as rocking up there. No luck logging weaker needed area
stations. By 1750 KDWN was decent and clearly audible on peaks thru WGN's
phase null and I heard the same commercials as a couple days ago and back
into Savage. I decided to phase null WBBM and see if I could catch KKOH 780
which had never been heard with WBBM on here. I had traces of chatter prior
to 2000, but nothing strong enough to copy. I checked back at 2003 and there
they were with a NewsTalk 780 KOH ID during a break in news and then an ad
and a bit later weather and another ID nicely copied about 2006.

Once, again, I have often found cx, and especially sunset skip cx to be very
good on nearly freq's to nearby areas along similar paths. So..over to 750 I
go and phase null WSB and there was some old country mx really weak. I had
noted that KMMJ went off when they should tonite and for once, like due to
so more northerly attenuation, there was no Sask. oldies pest in the way. By
2011 my C&W faded up nicely and then song ended and right into another. At
2014 that old C&W song ended and I was rewarded with the only anmt.."KHWG,
K-Hog" and then gone as power was switched. !! A new one and all 10 KW
daytime stations 1600+ miles distant are certainly welcome.

Attempts at catching California and Oregon via SSS failed tonite as cx
didn't seem to make it or closer in stations QRMed when the pest was phased.
I tried for 750 KXL (not a favorable pattern even daytimes) but no luck as
Sask was now coming in weakly and there was some weak Mexican QRM w/WSB
phased. Also I again could raise no trace of LA's  KSPN 710 prior to their
2015 switch in spite of good low band cx to Vegas along same path and 50 KW
ND days.

Aiming off the back end of my BOGs, I think I had WMCA 570 NYC atop WKBN
w/Reloj traces (WNAX phased), but need to review my tape to be certain as
this would be new.  Also some TA hets/carriers with 585 Madrid audible
weakly in SS.

My BOGs aimed westerly have natural nulls of my super pests with tx's SSE of
me, and by greatly enhancing that null via phasing I am able to hear
reasonably strong signals under them and sometimes equal to them.

73 KAZ Barrington IL R8A, Quantum Phaser, 500 foot terminated BOG phased vs
325 foot terminated BOG both at 271 degrees.