[IRCA] EWE Results

Greetings;

About Noon today (PDT), I did a comparative check on the different
antennas, The WSW EWE, SW EWE, and the 1500' Eastern Beverage. I have a
pretty good null on Portland OR on the WNW EWE, but it does vary by
frequency. I have the pot peaked at 950 ohms, nulling 750-910 khz range
perfectly. It drops off a bit on each end, but still pretty good. I am
using the Portland stations on the list here. S meter readings on the
R8. Just amp, just the coax into the receiver.

FREQ      WNW EWE   SW EWE   BEV

620          8.5                S9+2         S9+19
750          4. fading        8.5            S9+18
800          4. fading        7.0            S9+15 860          8.5
S9+2         S9+20 910          6.5 fading      S9             S9+12
970          3   fading       S9             S9+5
1010        Theshold       5                S9
1040        Theshold       5                S8
1080        7.0                S9             S9+12
1150        Jumble          S7             S9
1190        6.0 fading      S9             S9+18
1290        Theshold       S7             S9+8
1330        5.0                S7             S9+10
1360        Theshold       S8             S9+
1410        Theshold       S4             S8
1450        Theshold       S6           Jumble
1480         Jumble         S7           Jumble
1520        S7 fading       S9             S9+10
1550        S7 fading       S9             S9+10

The stations like 620, 750, 860, 1080, and 1190 all run 25 to 50 KW, so
they are strong at 75 miles away.
As you can see there there is much more of a null on Portland using the
WNW EWE over the SW one. The SW nulls Seattle more. It was hard to get
perfect S meter readings on some as the skip is now all day. Idaho is
under Portland on 1080 on the Eastern beverage for example. 1140 has ID
and AB, and so on. But the nulls are there on the WNW EWE alright. I
heard KNOM Nome AK (780) quite decent this morning on the WNW EWE and
the SW EWE hardly noticed it. I notice CFLD Burns Lake BC (760) has been
in all day. It was
last year too, but suffered a lot of splatter from KXL 750. Now I don't
get any.
I am impressed.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager

ttain eniten kokouksia on pidetty Uudellamaalla (9), sitten seuraavat Pirkanmaa (6), Etelä-Häme ja Keski-Suomi (5), Kymenlaakso ja Etelä-Pohjanmaa (4), Satakunta ja Pohjois-Pohjanmaa (3), Pohjois-Savo ja Päijät-Häme (2) ja Varsinais-Suomi, Pohjois-Karjala ja Etelä-Savo (1). Tosin viimevuotinen Vaasan kokous on laskettu EP:n piikkiin, vaikka nykyisin Vaasa on kai osa Pohjanmaan (ruotsinkielistä) maakuntaa?

Yksittäisistä paikkakunnista kolmeen kesikseen ovat päässeet Espoo, Helsinki, Janakkala ja Valkeala.

Varaa viikonloppu kalenteriisi ja tule kesikseen Turkuun (Turkkuse taisi olla se oikea muoto?)!

pääsiäisterveisin

Risto Vähäkainu
SDXL

--