Re: [IRCA] RIP KFRC

The FCC did allow the 3 call signs to be returned back in the 80s for a
time. It was a one shot deal. KRE 1400 Berkeley CA got them back, but
did not keep them long and now they are stuck. Salem in Seattle tried to
get the "KOL" and "KMO" calls back, but no dice. The FCC said no. The
only reason KHJ got theirs back was they said "KKHJ" meant something
nasty in SS and convinced the FCC of that. I don't know why the FCC just
did not tell them to change them to something else, but they gave the 3
calls back. Why the FCC made this rule, I haven't a clue. Maybe someone
knows? I don't see why the FCC doesn't give 3 calls back. Hey, they
could double their fees for that and make even more money!

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR