Re: [IRCA] TP audio this AM / Blaupundt Casablanca

Re: [IRCA] TP audio this AM / Blaupundt Casablanca

Doug,

Bought mine on ebay for around $120 US. I spent about as much getting it
installed (I kept the old radio for when I sell the Saturn, hi).

If memory serves, a discussion on the ABDX e-Group about car radios
prompted my purchase. At that time someone was closing them out and there
was a good "deal" on them... but I waited to long to decide and the sale
was over... so I resorted to ebay. Some cosmetic wear (printing on the
memory buttons is gone - I tune by touch anyway) but it performs well (so
far - then again it could be conditions). I'm sure it is doing better than
the stock Saturn radio. It also has a CD/MP3 player, so I got a bit of a
bonus there as well. FM is supposed to be excellent as well. The built in
equalizer makes the audio sound better as well.

When I took this new job, I knew I'd be commuting when it was dark (during
DX season) and on the road for approx 1 hr, so I figured it was time to
get a reasonably good radio.

Sorry, no "port-a-beverage" comes with.

pb