[IRCA] TA and TP DX Techniques

Hello Doug,

Go to http:/nist.time.gov/timezone.cgi? and click Change Timezones, then click UTC (located below the map).  Shows a world map and paths of darkness/daylight.  The website is free and paid for by us tax payers.  I have only heard one TA and that was last Saturday night at 0205 UTC.  Right now is 0542 UTC and just before sunrise in Norway.

Also you can go to the IRCA New Member Packet link.  Then click TRANS-ATLANTIC DX'ING where Lee J. Freshwater posts an excellent article on TA Dx'ing.  Patrick Martin also has an great posting for TP Dx'ing that's helped me tremendously.  You can find that TRANS-PACIFIC DX'ING link right under the TRANS-ATLANTIC DX'ING link.

Stayed home from work tonight in hopes of hearing some TA dx, but nothing.  Will try for TPs this am.

73
Dennis Vroom
Vancouver, WA