[IRCA] Cape Cod DX get-together

Announcing a Cape Cod DX get-together Saturday, Nov 19th. Due to the cancellation this year of the well known Ray Arruda event, we will be keeping the tradition of DX and fellowship alive. The address is Chris Black, 12 Cypress Point Way, S Yarmouth MA 02664 ? 508 394-0528 -- n1cp@xxxxxxxxxxx. For those with 2 meter VHF, 146.955 (88.5) will be monitored for talk-in.

Although we are not directly at the water, if conditions are decent, there should be a lot of good DX heard. We are shooting for a real hands-on, interactive event so bring your radios and anything you think will be of interest. There will be a couple of ?guest? stations available with noise reduced long wire antennas pointed to Europe. This will definitely be an ?All Mode? event with an FM phaser demonstration by Keith McGinnis and some innovative MW loop designs by Craig Healy to try.

For those who want to stay over, I have numbers of some motels within five minutes driving. The lowest rate I found was $43 for your basic no frills motel to $69 for a Quality Inn with an indoor pool, dining room, etc that looked quite nice. If anyone has a specific accommodation request or requirement they would like me to check on, just let me know.

There will be drinks and snacks and a buffet type dinner to maximize our time in the prime DX window.

This should be informative and fun, and I am looking forward to learning a lot and making new friends. Try to RSVP if possible by early to mid November so we can get a rough count and contact me with any questions.

Chris Black

Cape Cod