[IRCA] Hets all over the dial

Title: Message
In my driveway here in SW PA (approx lat 40/long 80), listening on a car stereo, I had hets all over the dial around 2200-2230 EDT tonite, which I assume to be TAs. Loudest by far was on 1520, our friend in Saudi Arabia, w/the 1 kHz het often drowning out Buffalo.

I can only infer what the others might be, using this list http://mediumwave.de/#list plus what I've read the rest of you talking about. So, on that basis, I guess I heard hets caused by, among the many:

910 (which would be 909) Gr Britain
940 (945) France
1420 (1422) Germany
1560 (1557) France

No IDs of course, listening on a car radio, but just the idea that all of these are traveling this far is exciting to me. Takes me back to my teen DX days, 1958-1962. Where were all these TAs then? I never heard any hets w/my 80' longwire & old Hallicrafters S-85! TAs were something only the big boys in Massachusetts heard!

Fred Schroyer
Freelance Science Writer / Editorial Consultant
955 Sixth Street - Waynesburg, PA 15370
(40 air mis S of Pittsburgh - 20 air mis N of Morgantown, WV)
Home 724-627-8844 - Work 304-599-7830 x 1120
freditor@xxxxxxxxxx