[IRCA] Attempted Break-in at our Transmitter/Studio Site

[IRCA] Attempted Break-in at our Transmitter/Studio Site

It appears, sometime late Wednesday night or Early Thursday morning, some attmepted to gain access to a gated area of our facility here at WTIR 1300 in Cocoa, Florida.

Our gate has two locks on it. One we have a key to and one that Florida Power & Light(FPL) has. You don't need both to open the gate, just one.

When walking out to check the mail. one part of our fence was laying on the ground. Upon further and clsoer inspection, the chain which the locks were attched to was also laying detached and on the ground.

Our lock, one of those "masters" with a blue band was still attached to the chain. The FPL lock was still locked, attached to the fence. My best guess......

...is that smeone was goig to try and gain access to our building. They did so by cutting the chain and pushing the fence down. However, trying to get into the building via the transmitter hallway, they realized they couldn't and left.

I notified Florida Power and Light. I also filed a report with the Brevard County Sheriff's office and notified our engineer.

Just another day on the job...........(Someone pass me a cold one...)

Paul B. Walker, Jr
Rama Communications
General Manager
WTIR-AM 1300