Re: [IRCA] DX Conditions 10/4 or Where are my Filipnos??

Re: [IRCA] DX Conditions 10/4 or Where are my Filipnos??

Patrick,

Yes, I called Pacific Gas & Electric today.  They will have someone out in a day or three.  I was trying to raise audio on HLAZ but it wasn't happening.  Trying to remember the best I can, there were hets this AM on 567, 639, 648, 747, 774, 828, 837, 846, 873, 882, 891, 972, 1053, 1566.  Everything on the low end was wiped out by the power pole noise.  I almost pulled audio out on 1053, but KTCT is high-power and local.  Playing with R388 crystal filters, phasing, BFOs and the side effects from 1050 edging in made it very difficult to determine whether I was really getting audio or just munging the male voices from 1050.  I'd swear it sounded like India, but it could have been the munged audio too.  I'm still happy to get my first new Asian since Reagan took office.

By the way, in the car (Blaupunkt Casablanca radio), the strongest hets were 639, 747 and 972.  I ended up settling for KENI/650, which still ain't too bad for a car radio!

Mike

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike,

Noisy power pole? Have you called the power company? I would. I have in
the past. Pacific Power is quite helpfull too.
Good going on HLCA-972. They are the stronger South Korean I get here.
HLAZ is not as strong.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin