Re: [IRCA] TA's

Thanks Marc for your observations.

Norway and Germany on 153, France and Turkey on 162, Germany on 177 and 183, Turkey-180, Iceland-189 and UK-198 are all heard here regularly. Above 200khz signals have to be quite strong to get thu the beacon noise (even with the 7030's notch filter), and once in a while they do. The only time I have heard Algeria was on 531 and that was a one time reception more than 20 years ago, never on LW.

Tonight Germany-153, France-162 and Iceland-189 are in with clear signals. There's faint music on 180, so probably Turkey, and a carrier on 189. On medium wave just a very faint carrier on 1314, so probably Norway, which is also very common here.

Of course your location in MA gives you a sea path to Africa and Europe, which kinda helps. Where I'm located in northern Alberta I'm 600 miles from the ocean, and that's going the wrong way ;-)

Mike in St Isidore AB with AOR 7030 & 150' EWE