Re: [IRCA] Broadband noise - (Getting rid of it)

Re: [IRCA] Broadband noise - (Getting rid of it)

Here are the Entercom stations around the corner from me:

www.entercom.com/pages/kansascity.html

It's tough to say how much power they're putting out because although the
studios are around the corner from me, I don't know how many of the
stations' transmitters are located there. I know that some of them have TX
sites in other parts of the metro and are fed via microwave from the studios
near me, while others have their TX co-located at the studios.

That said, KMBZ seems to produce the most images -- and not just on my
radios. For example, I'm a writer, so I tape a lot of my phone calls for
accuracy. The cable between the phone and the tape recorder does a fantastic
job of picking up KMBZ. If I hang up the phone before I shut off the
recorder, KMBZ is as clear as a bell on the tape.

On a side note, Entercom is moving all of its KC stations to a new building
in Mission, which is about the same distance from my house. The new QTH
already has the microwave tower up, but the studios are still being built
inside what used to be the headquarters of Vanguard Airlines.