From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Bob Foxworth
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 12:30 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] LI DX - was - New Member

>I would like someday to DX from Long Island maybe when I visit the
Eastern end.  It could be interesting.

>>I'm in Kansas City, but I used to DX from Long Island.

I used to live in LI, the summer trips to the Hamptons were a lot of fun as
there would often be good reception from the Caribbean and upper South
America. The period right after sunset on summer nights when there was no
t-storm activity could give some real good DX. This was with just stock
portables with built in antennas.

During the day there would be all-day reception of CHSJ-700 before they went
silent, if you were in a place with low local noise.

- Bob