[IRCA] Surge Protectors at your power box

[IRCA] Surge Protectors at your power box

I do have a question and I am wondering if the investment is worth my
while.
All of our utes are underground here. No arcing of transformers and all
of that. My neighbor does have a light dimmer. With my coax buied and
matching transformers and all, it does not get into the receivers too
much. I do hear it at times. It is quite noisy on a portable in the
house though. Bill has had this dimmer for a few years. He is a funny
guy and you never know how he may react to things, so I have never said
anything. I can live with. OK, on to my question. I was told the
electric outfits now have a line filter they can install in your service
box. Do these things help? I have good surge protectors for all of my
equiptment anyway.
Comments?  Thanks.

Patrick

Patrick Martin