Re: [IRCA] Modern GY conditions

Doug,

I remember KOBO/Yuba City CA and KPPC/Pasadena CA were both 100 watts at night.  They were ones that I logged with that power so I lodged in my mind.  By the way, they washed the windows and checked the oil at 19 cents too!  I sure wish I would see another gas war like the ones then.

Mike

Doug Pifer - KE6GMM <oregon4wd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike,
Are you bragging that your older than me? Hah!
I suppose I just wasn't paying enough attention back in the 70's. I guess I do remember some stations being 100 or 250 watts etc.  I guess also then, as I would have guessed... we just have to wait for propagation to do it's thing for any one station to have the advantage in getting out. I suppose that xmtr alignment, tuner and antenna peaking/ grounds would also make one station somewhat superior over another. (Kind of like finding out how to make a 'restrictor plate' car faster than the rest without violating the guidelines, hi.)  Anyways Mike, that's quite a range of states you have logged.
19 cents?  I think I only remember gas at about 23 cents. I'm starting to feel more youthful than I first thought!

John,
Yes, the absence of local programming IS a big key at our end of the dial.  I feel fairly lucky in that, the density of GY's really doesn't seem that bad at my Oregon QTH.   Still, I hear it like a distant or weak pile-up happening somewhere out yonder. It still deserves the the title of graveyard.
73- Doug

Yahoo! for Good