Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Tonight on 1710

I've a report on this pirate in one of the monthly
mags about 2 years ago.  You know - the one with
the column on pirates.  Never tried for a QSL
card, though.

This station comes and goes.  It's the only one
I've ever caught on 1710 in this area.  Can pick it
up clearly at the north end of Staten Island on a
car radio.  Can't get it often from my home at
the south end.

But then, I live in 'Blowtorch Alley.'  On top of that,
my gear just ain't all that sophisticated.  [Not
complaining, mind you.  The pleasure in DX is in
doing the best you can with whatever gear you have
available.]

That's why I'm going to try working with a home-
brew 'genny this winter.  Love a challenge that
doesn't require deep pockets.

Jim Hannah
818, barefoot
10307