[IRCA] DX Conditions 9/29

Good morning,

Well, another excellent morning here with Northern Asians for the most
part dominating the dial. There was hardly a frequency without one or
two on a channel, plus several like 864 and 1062, huge pipe ups. They
sounded like GYers! Not many filipinos in this morning, but I did manage
to hear a tentative on a new one for me.
   When I got up at 1330 UTC, the dial was already going strong. This
has not been the case most of the mornings this season. I had to wait
for dawn enhancement to get the good DX. But this morning was different.
I always start at 531 khz, with the R8 in memory #1. I found 531 at
JOQG/CC mix here, 540 more CNR (CC), 549, CC there, 558 was JOCR, 567
JOIK/CC, 576 a jumble, 585 more jumble/JJ, 594 JOAK/Unids, and so on up
the dial. Some stations were loud like CRI on 963 in RR. No sign of
Thailand on 1575 (VOA), but I think I heard the gal in Thai on 891 once
again, but 891 was another pile up this morning. This season I seem to
hear 891 Thailand better. After 1430, things settle down to the
powerhouse JJ, KK, etc and a few DUs until fade out. 4QR-612 took over
where I heard I believe DYHP Cebu, Philippines earlier and then 4BC 1116
was good.
The highlights:

t612    PHILIPPINES, Cebu, DYHP presume the strong Tagalog talk in
passing at 1350 9/29 (PM-OR)
639    CHINA   CNR sychros , very good with gal in CC, echo effect as
several in // on freq. 1350 UTC 9/29 (PM-OR)
t684   PHILIPPINES, Bacolod City, DYEZ, MBC station (Manila BC) with man
in Tagalog, no ID but mentions of "Bacolod a few times in conversation
at 1428 9/29. This was strong enough for a tenative report. (PM-OR)
720    CHINA, CNR2 fair with domestics and KUAI phased, leaving soft
spoken woman in CC 1415 UTC. Never heard this one before as far as I
know. I was looking for (what else? Filipinos. hi), as I have DYOK  and
the Indo), but what a surprise to catch China here and fairly decent,
one I got rid of the QRM. (PM-OR)

HLAZ 1566 was loud, but nothing noted on 1575 khz.

Not a bad morning, but when I got up and turned on the R8, I found the
dial flashing. Apparently the power went off briefly during the night
and when it came back on it confused the microproccessor. I unplugged it
and plugged it back in and that took care of the problem. It worked fine
before, but I did not want to look at the flashing. hi. But power off/on
is common on the OR coast.
   Today light rain, so my ground system should be working better now.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR