[IRCA] TAs

I also had some luck with TAs here in central Jersey. On LW 162 was best, but some audio present also on 183. 684 presumed Spain was in great. I have yet to log the elusive Sao Tome on 1530 or Saudi on 1521 or the new reported frequency 594. I'll try for Sao Tome when they sign on at 2300 local.

Dave
Highland Park, NJ
Drake R8B and Quantum QX Pro loop

My Wed/Thur UTC 2300 to 0200 summary:

Spain on 855 , and 999 in and out with Morocco
France on 1377 and on 162, 837, 945, 1206, and 1377
Luxembourg on 234 with rock music.
Algeria on 252 in French.
Portugal on 1035 with pop music.

1584 was either Spain or Ceuta. The music sounded more mid eastern than
Spanish, but I couldn't peg it for sure.
1530 Vatican Radio with woman in Italian and interval signal just prior to
0300 sign on for Sao Tome. I didn't get a good ID on Sao Tome, just a weak
"Yankee Doodle Dandy" under phased WCKY.

I spent the summer re-doing antennas. The flags are working fine. As an
example, with the TA flag at 55 degrees, 800 CJAB Montreal was all alone,
and when I flipped to the SA flag at 160 degrees, TWR Bonarire was on top
with no sign of Canada.

Chris Black
Cape Cod
begin:vcard
fn:David Hochfelder
n:Hochfelder;David
org:Rutgers University;Thomas A. Edison Papers
adr;dom:;;44 Road 3;Piscataway;NJ;08854-8049
email;internet:david.hochfelder@xxxxxxxxxxx
title:Assistant Editor and Assistant Research Professor
tel;work:732-445-8511
tel;fax:732-445-8512
tel;cell:848-391-9103
url:http://edison.rutgers.edu