[IRCA] 1710 Mystery?

Rene's posting pricked up my ears, so to speak.

A few months ago a contributor to a column I used to edit submitted
the following -

"UNID: 6/27/2005, 02:05UTC, I tuned in the truck radio to 1710 KHz AM
to listen how close the t-storms are. What I heard was male announcer
keying up and yelling what sounded like an Indian war cry. It was a
strong signal lasting for about 15 sec, then off. What  followed
after that was a much, much, weaker signal of what sounded like a
native American QSO with much fading. I listened for about a minute
then hit the road. I couldn't understand it anyways. Has anyone heard
anything like this?  It was definitely different."

- this gentleman lives in Wellsville, NY, so he's way over in the
west of NY state.

So, there's something going on out in that direction.

              Lee