Re: [IRCA] Radio Needs to Serve Listeners...Not Wall Street

Re: [IRCA] Radio Needs to Serve Listeners...Not Wall Street

Bob,

This is very much radio related. As money becomes so important, things
stations used to do out of friendliness, now they look at the time it
takes and time is money. That includes QSLs. So all of this money hungry
society does affect the radio hobby.  You know sometimes I wish a non
QSLer would QSL if you sent them $5 or something. Some of my QSLs I
would have gladly paid for them. I do know it does take stations time to
reply and if you have a GM or CE that likes reports, then it is a piece
of cake. But some look at a report as a bother. I remember my radio
friend Chuck Boehnke in Hawaii told me one that he once heard a station
in the Philippines he really wanted a QSL from. It may have been in
Metro Manila. I don't remember. Anyway his son was stationed there, so
he sent his son the report and asked him to take it over to the station.
The station was very pleased to QSL his report. they knew about reports
and all. Yes, they would, but it would cost $100 American! Well, Chuck
did not get his QSL. Now that is an extreme situation, but I guess the
station wanted to make a few bucks on the rich Americans.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager