Re: [IRCA] Article on IBOC

Marc,

IBOC IS LOW-DEFINITION RADIO! St. Louis just lost two more FM DX channels: 90.5 and 90.9. The owners of the IBOC stations are misleading the public, as many corporate broadcasters have done over the last nine years. The claim of "high definition" radio is just the latest misleading statement.

We're lucky that St. Louis has only one AM IBOC signal, but we said goodbye to five good DX channels: 820, 830, 840, 860 and 870, even at sunset, back in 2002. On FM, we've lost 92.1, 92.5, 93.5, 93.9, 100.9 and 101.3 to IBOC. It just shows that most corporate radio engineers are having delusions of grandeur with their wasteful IBOC setups.

73, Eric (N0UIH)