[IRCA] Are DXers Ghouls???????????????

Greeeting all!!

I remember in 1980 a tornado was passing throuth south Georgia and northern
Florida. Rich Eddie was with me in my shack Dxing MW, and he said that
station did not belong on the air!

We logged several new stations who were broadcasting on an emergancy basis
omni-directional. Since then I have scanned the weather nation wide seeking
areas where emergancy situations might exist to allow daytimers to be on
after normal sign-off.

The same exists when I was in Journalism school. Emergancy situations along
with diasters, horrors and catastrophes cause a mad scramble in news rooms.
Front Page headlines, and lead stories proclaim the latest emergancy.

Are we becoming ghouls like the journalists???? Looking forward to disasters
and emergancies anticipating catching new stations???????? YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Good DX to all!

73 73s,

Terry Klasek
Saint Louis, Missouri