Re: [IRCA] DRM in Germany

Chris, As to your comment about DRM in Germany, don't you think that 171 broadcasts (transmits) in both standard analog AM and also in DRM. That is what I believe they are doing as they would not change over and lose their regular audience.
Also, Europe does do a lot of Satellite transmitting in several coding formats. Take a look at any UK or German Radio Vendors web site to see how many versions of digital receivers they sell. I usually like to check Waters & Stanton" in the UK for my info. They have one of the best catalogs in the business and they are very honest. I have purchased from them for years.
You may also want to check out the DRM web site. I think you will find that there are several ways to transmit DRM, including concurrent with an analog signal.

73 John T. Wagner, Ohio