Re: [IRCA] A note from your list admin

Well said Lynn, thank you.  And thank you Patrick for assisting with our
list moderation.  Two finer moderators I do not know of.  Back to DXing!

73,  Ray

--- Begin Message ---
Please excuse the interruption - I wanted to break in tonight and announce
that Patrick Martin has charitably accepted my request for help and will be
moderating this list with me!

My main reason for this is that it appears with the increase in list
traffic, most of the "action" appears to take place either during the day
while I'm at work (~7am-~5pm Central) or after I've gone to bed (~10pm
Central) on weeknights. I get my mail at ~6am and somewhere between ~5-~7pm
Central, and the trend I have been seeing is that there will be some
disagreement or crisis on [IRCA], and by the time I get to read about it,
it's already played itself out, and about all I can do is clean up the
mess. I don't like that at all - I'd prefer to stop any problem as soon as
it emerges, before it takes on a life of its own. Patrick is on the West
coast, and gets his e-mail when most of the "action" appears to be taking
place, so it seems obvious to me that he's going to see these messages
earlier than I'll be able to get to them.

Keep in mind, this is NOT an attempt to silence any one in particular, and
this particular action isn't in response to any one message - I'm doing
this in response to a what I see happening, and being a realist, I have to
admit I can't handle this alone.

Patrick is a fair and impartial person, not to mention quite a
knowledgeable DXer. I ask that you please give him the respect and kindness
that you've shown me. I will still be here, approving subscriptions and
posts and such, and my address is still the same (lynn@xxxxxxxxx) and the
door is always open for your questions, complaints, and comments. [IRCA] is
growing a bit faster than I had anticipated, and I'm not too proud to say
that I can't keep up with what goes on the way I'd like to.

And speaking of goings on...

The guidelines for this list are on the website - http://www.ircaonline.org
- and over the past weekend I posted a message summarizing them. In the
simplest terms I can think of, PLAY NICE! You are all adults here, and I
expect you to ACT like it. NO personal attacks, period. Yes, you have an
opinion, and far be it for me to attempt to suppress it, but Lord Above,
just because you have an opinion on something DOESN'T mean that this is the
place to voice that! Use your common sense before you hit that "Send"
button! If something has nothing to do with radio or DXing, well then, it
doesn't belong posted here - but conversely, that DOESN'T mean that all you
have to do is have a radio-related item in your post and you can then flame
away! Remember - if you ACT like children, you will be TREATED like children!

(Ok, back to DX..!)

Lynn.
Lafayette, LA
Check out the IRCA Web site at http://www.ircaonline.org