Re: [IRCA] 890 Last Night

Welcome David. Glad to have you here.
Thanks for your input on PR. I have never had a lot of luck in recent
years, probably mostly to the filled up band as you mentioned. Yes, WMDD
1480 popped through before Idaho got ok to run nights. They have a nice
QSL card too.  I am happy I got some time in the mid 80s to get a lot of
Easterns on reg. sked. I still hear one once in a while, but not as
often. I think a lot of it has to do with cx too. All of this increased
solar activity has generally not been good for long haul Eastern DX for
me. Even the DX tests where there is code and tones have had a tough
time with conditions the past few years. Sometimes the 1500' Eastern
beverage acts more like a 100 foot wire. hi. The X Band has been a real
plus for the DXer, but it has pretty much filled up too. 1660 PR has
popped in a few times with KXOL off. I wish I would have been at the
dials more in the 70s, but I got sidetracked into FM for a time.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR