Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Cuban stations

>>You don't have to go to Key West for that.  Most of the Florida gulf
coast
>>has Cubans all day, up and down the band.  You'll know you've been
here
too
>>long when the Cubans get to be the pests.

I don;t think Key West would be optimum for foreign (split)
DX, there are too many domestic channels with semi-loud
signals from both Fla and Cuba on them, and getting
splits through the sideband noise is probably no easier than
from a coastal area. You would probably not be able to
camp in many areas, and have to stay in a downtown
hotel in KW proper, with noise. I haven't looked at a map
but perhaps Bahia Honda is a possibility. Also, KW is not
a really cheap place to visit.

- Bob