Re: [IRCA] KFRC-610

I have been checking KFRC periodically since noon, and I haven't heard a glimmer of a format switch.  It makes me wonder whether "the word" was off schedule or unfounded.  Rumors on anything abound these days.

For local radio (Bay Area), I much preferred underground FM (KMPX, then KSAN and the ever-glorious KFAT).  Before I switched to that, I listened mostly to KYA.  What I really enjoyed for AM rock was the DX part of it.  KOL/Seattle ... KISN/Portland ... KDON/Salinas ... KRLA/Pasadena ... KENO/Las Vegas ... KOMA/Oklahoma City ... XERB/Tijuana.  That was really fun, for the DX and for the music.  Now everybody's talk, and on FM regimented playlists abound (for the most part).  My good old days would be far less of cruising (in my case, El Camino Real) but far more of weekends at Avalon Ballroom, Fillmore Auditorium, Winterland and Longshoreman's Hall.  A Janis Joplin live concert stays in your heart and mind forever!

Mike (telling my age) Hawkins

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I remember calling myself a liberal to a Canadian DXer friend and to
corrected me and said I was a moderate.....But I do like the old radio
days much better than today. No doubt about that. The old KHJ, KFRC, etc
was a wonder and we thought we would all be young forever...but things
change like it or not....

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KAVT Reception Manager