Re: [IRCA] Who is off air?

Many, many thanks IRCAers for the feedback which I have posted with credits on our MWC UK list. I hope the current problems are sorted very very soon. People need to see a light at the end of the tunnel so they can start to look forward.

Barry

Lynn Hollerman <lynn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 10:06 AM 9/1/2005, you wrote:
>I trust you are safe and well. We're getting extensive Katrina cover on
>Fox here in the UK. I have had a request from the MWC list asking me, as
>North American News Editor, what LA stations are off air? I guess we're
>talking about 5kW and up from a practical point of view. Do you have any
>info to pass on? I also understand that the FCC are saying if you can get
>on air do it with full power full time. Are you aware of any 50kW daytime
>stations that are running full power full time in your part of the
>world? Given your circumstances if you find these requests in anyway
>inappropriate please just trash the message.

Nah, this is fine - we're nothing but getting crowded with New Orleans
refugees here right now. And we're having our late-afternoon thunderstorm
right now, otherwise I'd send you a full report, but there's nothing but
static on that I can get right now. Daytime reception of New Orleans from
here is pretty dismal to start with - they're a little more than 2 hours
away to start with. But I can tell you this:

WWL is currently broadcasting from Baton Rouge - that city is about an hour
west and north of New Orleans. They started this yesterday. They and
WDSU(don't remember their frequency) are about the only New Orleans
stations I know are currently on the air - and I'm not sure where WDSU is
broadcasting from. I can relate plenty of rumors to you about this and
that, but I think it might be better if I refer to you http://www.nola.com
- again, I'm not sure where they're located, but I've used that site
extensively over the past few days for information. Also,
http://www.wwltv.com is up and a good site for info - you might find more
useful info there.

Oh, and before I forget - thanks to all for the caring messages I've gotten
lately - it's good to know you're out there!!!

Lynn.
Lafayette, LA
Check out the IRCA Web site at http://www.ircaonline.org