From: Michael Hawkins
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Test Message

While on the way to a interview, I noticed Safeway Gas in Tracy at 3.03 at 12:45pm.  At 4:05, it was 3.13.  Chevron is the second lowest gas price in town, which is almost unheard of.  Prices I noticed today ranged from 2.83 to 3.10 at around 4pm.  The reasoning for California's high prices has always been the California-specific formulation, which supposedly requires California gas be separate from "regular" gas.  The spikes of the past two days pretty much prove that they are gouging here because they think they can.  If our gas IS separate, there is no justification.

Mike Hawkins

N0UIHEric@xxxxxxx wrote:
Regular unleaded in St. Louis is averaging $2.99 per gallon; the highest price is $3.19 per gallon for premium unleaded.

73, Eric (N0UIH)