[IRCA] Mexican changes

Italian DX'er Dario Monferini is in México this month and has been filing daily e-mail diaries on his trip. Glenn Hauser has provided a link to Monferini's material.

http://www.playdx.com/html/messico2005/messico2005.htm<about:blank>

Meanwhile, I am in the process of correlating all of the material I have on hand from various Mexican sources to update the list I produced last year. There have been many changes, involving almost every station in México (some correcting typos, but most new information) and several program sources in the capital are rapidly lining up stations in the estados to carry various networks, programs or formats. The XEW/XEQ/XEX bunch, for example, is lining up "W Radio," "Ke Buena," "Estadio W," "Los 40 Principales" and even "Besame" nets, and there are affiliates in several Central American countries, Colombia, Chile and Spain for some of this programming. Radio Capital, XEITE-830, is rapidly expanding its operations. Radio ABC, XEABC-760 is building a network.

And now that XEVOZ-1590 has switched from "Bonita," the old-style ranchera music, to "Radio Reloj," time pips every minute, the IMER website indicates that XEQK-1350, planned to revert (effective Monday) to the old "La Hora Exacta" format it carried for years.

Lots of exciting changes to keep up with South of the Border, down México way. Ay, ay, ay, ay!

John Callarman, Krum TX