Re: [IRCA] Good News

John and Don,

I've been away from the list for a few days.  Glad to hear your wives
are doing better..  Thank the Lord for healing.

Two Radio Disney stations in Fresno is two too many!  Kids don't need
to be exposed to Broccoli Spears and other "pop tarts"... (nor do
adults for that matter!).  These "artists" are train wrecks, and we
need to just keep driving without slowing down to look at them.
(That's a nice paragraph; it needs a nice grumpy-old-man "harumph" to
cap it off, hi).

Midday conditions were surprisingly good yesterday - I had the best
signal I've had from KGDP in a long time, and other stations like KFWB
and XED were at their best too.

I'm starting to see a new trend here - "talking houses" that have
nothing to do with AM radio - instead they just have a 1-800 number
for you to call on your cell phone.  This type of system may replace
the talking house AM transmitters (at least for large realtors)
because the phone system would presumably segue into an application
that would prompt you to make an appointment with the realtor before
you change your mind and drive on.

KSON-1240 is running mostly brokered religion these days.  Hardly any
Asian programming at all.  The top half of the tower is still off.

XEKTT-1700 (XEPE?) is reportedly going to business talk soon.  We'll
see... anything is possible with this knucklehead.

73, Tim