From: WWWR
To: DXFlorida ; IRCA ; NRC
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 1:05 AM
Subject: [IRCA] RHC with IBOC Radio plans.

Ok, ok, not what you think.

Tonight on RHC (Radio Havana Cuba) 6000 at 2330edt, I heard the inimitable Arnie (the official Cuban transmitter repairman) describing what I term the IBOC Radio -- Itty Bitty Oldtime Crystal Radio.  Something about an amazing quadruple something or another, crystal radio.  We're all invited to write him for the plans at RHC.  "Amaze your friends and family," he actually said that!

Sorry for my obvious excitement, but I was intrigued.  Do it yourself radio construction projects are not normal broadcast fare, not even on shortwaves.  Unfortunately I didn't catch the mailing address from which to request the construction plans.  Could be just what all the IBOC Radio fanatics have been waiting for.

W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (Southeast) Florida