Re: [IRCA] R8As, Kenwood R-2000 & 5000. IS KENWOOD R-5000 A GOOD MW DX APPLIANCE!?

Re: [IRCA] R8As, Kenwood R-2000 & 5000. IS KENWOOD R-5000 A GOOD MW DX APPLIANCE!?

Patrick,
    Yes, I've sure been happy with the R-5000 over the years.   On the
stock R-5000 the USB/LSB is at a lower level than AM, but a simple
modification will bring them up to an equal level.  Not sure if the same
mod can be done on the R-1000.   I agree that the R-1000 and R-2000
aren't in the same class as the R-8 series, and I'm surprised at the
prices they sometimes fetch on E-Bay.   In the end, of course, a lot of
it comes down to personal preference.   If I'd started out with the
Drake I might well prefer it to the Kenwood.

73,

Nigel