Re: [IRCA] R8As, Kenwood R-2000 & 5000. IS KENWOOD R-5000 A GOOD MW DX APPLIANCE!?

Re: [IRCA] R8As, Kenwood R-2000 & 5000. IS KENWOOD R-5000 A GOOD MW DX APPLIANCE!?

Charlie,

I have owned the Kenwood R-1000, R-2000 & R-5000, as
well as the Drake SW8, R8 & R8A. I like my R8A the
best of all of those receivers, hands down. I would
concur with Mike's comments regarding Ebay. I have
bought many receivers on Ebay, with good results.
Another "sleeper" you may wish to consider is the
Palstar R30C. Gerry Thomas has a great section on his
website, I think it's www-dxtools.com, where folks
have put their two cents worth in on various receivers
as MW DX radios. Good luck with your search!

73

Craig