Re: [IRCA] Log Book usage etc

Hi Doug,

I did away with paper logs back in 1977, when I started using my Commodore 64 computer. My logs on
Shortwave and Mediumwave go back to 1975. Later they were transfered to an MS Excel spreadsheet
and I am now using MS Access.

Now I have a nice Access database working fairly well for my needs. This is how I set my database
up:
I downloaded the FCC AM query into MS Excel and decided which columns I wanted to keep and the
rest were deleted. I then created my database on the FCC AM query. This was done some 3-4 years
back and I have been updating this daily with information from Internet and magazines ever since.
I still had my excel logbook so I made a table and placed this into the database and had it linked
to the FCC AM query. The FCC AM query table is the heart of the database. I also created various
other tables for:
1. Logbook (which I have mentioned)
2. Callsign/Format History of a particular station
3. MP3 recordings.
4. Daily Loggings

I can search on a call letter and check to see if I have it Logged and when I last heard it or if
I have a recording of this particular station.

this is my Logging process and it works for me, others may have some more detailed or less
complicated process. I would be interested to hear from others also.

Thanks

James Niven