Re: [IRCA] WQAM 560 IBOC off.

>    Let the FCC and broadcasters know we're on to them. They hope to
spring this syphilis rash of noise on the public so as to preempt
>timely public opposition. They fear the power of an informed citizenry,
particularly one with a penchant for publicizing avaricious >carcinoma
all gussied up as 'multiple streams'. Right, like the one which spins
clockwise from clear channel's coprador.

>                                                                  -Z.-
>
>Paul Vincent Zecchino

I heard that Disney is thinking of selling all of their
AM properties. They must be on to something
that could negatively affect their future valuation
The advent of HD could explain this, I'd think.

Could it be that they see a no-value proposition
in converting all the Raaadio Diiisney stations to HD
radio? Yes I see it now "Mommy, buy me that
new $500 radio, puh-leez?" says your 9-year-old.

"Hey Boss, we need $300K for a new xmtr, phasor
etc." and to pay the consultants to build it.

Sure.

At the same time, if everyone else goes HD, then
the Disney properties could be left out in the cold.

Disney could be content to operate the stations
at a loss (to maintain name recognition) as long as the
underlying value of the properties makes them a
salable commodity. Starting up HD radio could really
confuse that issue, I'd think. I'd bet many of the AM
stations now running RD are the ones hard to
convert to HD due to complicated antennas, older
xmtr's etc.

Interestingly Clear Channel is also now embroiled in
an increasing ugly dispute over their Ford Amphitheater
(look for "fordamp"), built and opened last year at the
site of the Florida State Fairgrounds.  The open-air
rock music pavillion was built outside of approved spec's
and is creating a "noise nuisance" which was not
planned for.  Coverage available on-line on the Tampa
Tribune ( tampatrib.com ).

Some are making the same accusations at CC in this
regard, as have been made about their radio station
business. CC is also involved with outdoor billboards,
as well as live show venues, as well.

- Bob